In The Press
Our cattle and other livestock are regularly appearing in the press and on the web. Here are some of the articles that have been written about us. Simply click on the title of an article to view it.
You need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view most of these files. You can download the latest version for free by clicking on this button.
The copyright for all these articles remains the property of the original owners.
- The Surrey County Agricultural Society - Winner of the Environmental Farm Competition 2006
Judges comments: "Lydling Farm presents a holistic whole farm approach to sustainable production, maximizing potential within the capability of land. CSS and ELS have been incorporated into the farming system, the options which have been implemented complement the farm, but would remain after funding had ceased, to achieve agricultural objective and bio-diversity. All areas of the farm are managed for conservation and farming, where species have been identified provision for their continued presence has been made. The farming system is used to promote and market the produce of the farm, also as an educational resource for farm walks promoting the objectives of sustainable farming and promoting farming to the consumer."
- Article by John Edwards - Daily Mail, Wednesday, August 9, 2005
- The very best of British Beef - in Surrey! - The Surrey Magazine, June 2003
Ron Toft visits Lydling Farm at Shackleford, near Godalming, where Angus Stovold has built up the biggest Aberdeen Angus herd in England.
- Herd instinct - Richmond and Surrey Life, 2003
A bullish Rich Reeves goes in search of the World's best beef.
- Signs are looking good - www.surreyfarmersmarkets.com, 13 March 2003
"Putting Farmers' Markets well and truly on the map was our main objective in pushing for local signage" says Angus Stovold, Chair of the Farmers' Markets Steering Group.
- Home-made in the Home County (page 1), (page 2), (page 3), (page 4), - Country Life, July 2002
People who laugh at the notion that Surrey is a rural county are often amazed at the range and quality of its natural produce.
- Market leader - Secrett Life, Spring 2002
An extract mentioning the Rosemead herd and the award winning South West Surrey Farmers Market.
- A word in your ear - The Rush - Issue 6, May 2000
The newly installed Mayor of Waverley gets up close to James, an Aberdeen Angus bull from the Rosemead herd.